Fan flower by Christi Freisen
Christi Friesen is a super artist and a fan favorite when it comes to polymer clay. And she has done it again with this great easy to follow tutorial called “Fan Flower” I think I’ll have to take a moment to make this cutie I think it would make a wonderful pendant.
Supply list for this tutorial
- Polymer clay in white, ultramarine blue, light green pearl and gold (Chrisit likes premo brand)
- Relaxed Grandeur stamp sheet
- Surface FX Crash from Super hero set
- Surface FX Flash gold from Metallicious set
- sculpting tool
- paint brush
Oh and if you need it supplies I’ve got you covered with Christi’s wonderful line of “stuff to make stuff with”. So if you need a few things to make stuff with visit me at Lindas Art Spot on etsy with over 500 items I’m sure you’ll find just what your looking for.
Hope you enjoy and share what you’ve made on my Facebook page
2016 is my year to find more time to create, be inspired and to live a more creative life.
With 2015 firmly behind us, I sit here contemplating just where I want to be this time next year. Sure I want to grow my small business and be in better financial place. I would love to be able to buy a home, a newer car mines 11 years old now. But honestly that’s not what I think about. I think about time to create, time to dream, and time to make. I love what I do with ONE BIG EXCEPTION, and that is what this year’s resolution is all about….
(image source unknown)
How to find more time and inspiration to create.
I started my online art supply store with polymer clay lovers in mind, just a couple of years ago and its grown thanks to my wonderful customers but it takes all my time, I use to create or do something creative everyday until I started my business and now that gets it the way, sure I really love it. I love chatting and sharing with my customers, finding new cool products, planning for the growth and working on my new e-commerce website. Thats still in the making, LOL
But at what cost my creative time. I can’t even remember the last time I spent a day in my studio, and I really miss it. I dream of things I want to make and products I want to play with.
So like everyone with a new years resolution I’ve made mine “spend more time creating” but how is just saying it going to make it happen well it’s not, so I’m making a plan. Years ago I had a great boss who had us write down our goals for each new year, not just our work goals but also things we wanted to achieve for ourselves. It’s a process that I have started doing again but with a twist now I make a list of how I plan to accomplish them.
First Start by Setting your Goals
My goals look something like this
- Be able to take $500. A month in salary. I know it does not sound like much but right now its $0 so thats a huge improvement!
- Get any new products listed on the site within 2 days of receiving them in stock.
- Stay current on business paperwork; process everything the week it is created “No more piles to get to.”
- Blog at least once every two weeks. LOL, LOL
- Have a SET STUDIO time in my schedule each week.
- Teach or attend a class each month.
- Find ways to be around other creative people to give and get inspiration.
Now Make a Plan
Now that I have the plan here are a few goals that I have set to help me reach my New Years Resolution to grow my business, while at the same time finding more time to create!
- Set a schedule for my artist and crafters meetup group, to include creative time. (I’ll share more on this in the future)
- Identify tools and implement processes to simplify purchasing, inventory control, and shipping. So far I have found Unify, SOS inventory and QB online.
- Hire a virtual assistant to assist in task that can be outsourced, such as updating and adding new products to the website.
- Put time to write the blog on my calendar and stick to it!
- Hire someone part-time to assist in book keeping.
- Starting March 1st. schedule 2-4 hours of studio time per week in the studio
- Contact the local university to source interns to help with photographing, and editing product images as well as video tutorials.
Well with all that in place I’m ready to take on this new and exciting year. Wish me luck! I’ll be sure to keep you posted. I’d love to hear what your Creative Resolutions are. Be sure to share them with me on facebook and maybe with any luck my new website will get finished and you can chat in the new creative community! LOL, ok well I’m full of dreams. Hope to see you living a creative life in 2016.